Code of Conduct
In the interest of creating an open and welcoming environment, we as community members, directors, employees, volunteers, contributors, stakeholders and participants pledge to make participation in our programmes and our community a harassment-free and inclusive experience for everyone.
This ScreenCraft Works Community Code of Conduct (“Code”) outlines our behaviour expectations as members of the ScreenCraft Works community in all ScreenCraft Works activities, both online and offline. It is not intended to govern scenarios or behaviours outside ScreenCraft Works activities, schemes, programmes and events. Nor is it intended to replace or supersede the protections offered to all our community members under the law.
Please follow both the spirit and the letter of this Code. Failure to read or acknowledge this Code does not excuse you from compliance with the Code.
Examples of behaviour that contribute to creating a positive and professional environment include:
● Using welcoming and inclusive language, including respecting and using the pronouns people ask you to use
● Actively encouraging all voices
● Helping others bring their perspectives and listening actively. If you find yourself dominating a discussion, it is important to encourage other voices to join in
● Being respectful of differing viewpoints and experiences
● Gracefully accepting constructive criticism
● Focusing on what is best for the community
● Showing empathy towards other community members
● Being direct but professional
● Being mindful of power imbalances
● Leading by example by holding yourself and others accountable.
Examples of unacceptable behaviour in the ScreenCraft Works community include:
● The use of sexualised language or imagery
● Unwelcome sexual attention or advances
● Trolling, insulting or derogatory comments, and personal or political attacks
● Public or private harassment, and repeated harassment
● Publishing other people’s private information, such as their physical or email address, without explicit permission
● Violent threats or language directed against another person
● Sexist, racist or otherwise discriminatory jokes or language
● Posting sexually explicit or violent material
● Sharing private content, such as emails or messages sent privately or non-publicly
● Personal insults, especially those using discriminatory terms
● Excessive or unnecessary profanity
● Advocating for or encouraging any of the above behaviour
● Other conduct which could reasonably be considered inappropriate in a professional setting.
This Code applies in all activities, events and programmes organised by ScreenCraft Works and in public spaces where an individual is representing ScreenCraft Works.
Instances of abusive, harassing or otherwise unacceptable behaviour may be reported by contacting ScreenCraft Works on firstname.lastname@example.org. All complaints will be reviewed and investigated and will result in a response that is deemed necessary and appropriate to the circumstances.
Any director or staff member of ScreenCraft Works who is the subject of a complaint under the Code will not participate in the resolution process of that complaint.
Violations and potential violations of the Code
All conflict is not bad as a healthy debate may sometimes be necessary to push us to do our best. It is, however, unacceptable to be disrespectful or offensive, or violate this Code. If you see someone engaging in objectionable behaviour violating this Code, we encourage you to address the behaviour directly with those involved. If you are unable to resolve the matter or feel uncomfortable doing so, or if the behaviour is threatening or harassing, please report it to email@example.com.
ScreenCraft Works takes all reports of potential Code violations seriously and is committed to confidentiality and a full investigation of all allegations. The identity of the person who reports the potential violation will be omitted from the details of the report supplied to the accused.
Anyone investigated for a potential Code violation will have an opportunity to be heard prior to any final decision. Anyone found to have violated the Code can seek reconsideration of the decision. Every effort will be made to resolve any matter within 30 days of the receipt of a complaint.
False reporting, especially when intended to retaliate or exclude, is itself a violation of this Code and will not be accepted or tolerated.
Changes to this Code
Everyone is encouraged to ask questions about this Code. Your feedback is welcome.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.