Cross-Border Mentoring Scheme
The scheme matches mentees with a volunteer mentor from a different country. Our mentees will be at any career stage, seeking to enter, return to or progress their careers.
Our mentors will have recent relevant industry experience. They will typically be one or two career stages ahead of their mentee or offer different experiences at similar stages.
Under-represented talent includes anyone who feels marginalised or that their voice isn’t heard and their perspective isn’t recognised.
The benefits of mentoring for both parties include:
- Learning from the ideas and experiences of someone who is different from you and from another country.
- Giving and receiving feedback.
- Building professional identity and influence.
- An exchange of international perspectives and working methods to enrich your local and international work.
- Widening your employment networks for local productions and international co-productions and for remote and flexible work.
- Building peer-to-peer networks.
Over the course of the programme, mentees will take part in monthly one-to-one online mentoring sessions delivered by respected international production and post-production professionals. There is also the opportunity for mentees to be a speaker at virtual talks, where possible.
The nine-month programme includes:
- Introductory live webinar sessions for mentees and mentors
- 9 x one-hour monthly structured mentee-mentor online sessions
- Online talks by the mentoring community, with group networking with mentees and mentors
- 1 x half-way check-in
- Online networking sessions for the mentoring community
- 1 x live webinar wrap-up session
- Follow ups with mentees and mentors.